About the Silverton Health Foundation
When Silverton Hospital Association was formed in 1918 by local residents, they raised capital for a hospital building and equipment by selling shares of stock at $5 per share. This pioneering spirit continues today in the Silverton Health Foundation, and its charitable mission to champion the health of our communities by providing Silverton Health what it needs to grow.
The hospital has been supported by generous patrons since its first location in a two-story home on North Water Street. A new hospital was built during the Great Depression, and opened at its current site in 1937. After numerous upgrades through the decades, in 1998, with the help of generous community donations, a multi-phased project was completed that transformed Silverton Hospital into a modern healthcare facility. The continued growth of the community has led to further expansion as we have added new programs and services to meet our patients' needs.
Since its inception, Silverton Health Foundation has continued to play an integral role in the expansion and growth of Silverton Health.
In 2002, Silverton Hospital completed a $12 million expansion project involving improvements to the Emergency Department, Respiratory Therapy and Diagnostic Imaging, as well as the addition of the Family Birth Center and a new chapel. Donors contributed $2 million to the $12 million expansion - a considerable feat for a community our size.
Silverton Health Foundation has raised more than $12 Million over the past 29 years. These gifts from generous donors have helped Silverton Health create a warm, comfortable environment for families, and have provided equipment and space for our staff and providers to continue their good work.