WellspringHeart / Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation
Wellspring Heart is a revolutionary program that enlists lifestyle changes — Nutrition, Exercise, Stress Reduction and Group Support — to reverse heart disease. The program is based on published research studies by author Dean Ornish, MD to define risk, prevent and reverse the nation's foremost health concern.
Medical Director Frank Golden, MD and his team of dietitians, nurse case managers, exercise professionals, counselors, and stress management specialists lead participants through a transformative process, laying the foundation and providing the tools for a life full of vitality, and less dependence on medications and surgical intervention.
The program includes:
- Personal Interview with Registered Nurse and Nurse Care Guidance for 12 weeks
- Treadmill Stress Test
- Personalized Exercise Prescription
- Nutrition Counseling
- Hands-on Cooking Classes
- Stress Management Classes
- Mentorship by Past Participants
- CT Angiogram (optional for an additional charge)
The experience is life-changing. The results are life-saving.
All participants have a graded exercise stress test or 6 minute walk test, as well as evaluation of strength, balance and flexibility. The results are used to develop an appropriate baseline exercise prescription. Additional outcome measures are performed, including lipid panels, CBC, c-reactive protein, glycated hemoglobin, body mass index, blood pressure and stress/depression scores.
If you are unsure whether or not you have cardiovascular disease, CT scanning is available for an additional fee.
Silverton Hospital's 64-slice CT Scanner gives our physicians a state of the art diagnostic tool. This technology provides greater detail and three-dimensional images for both diagnosis and motivation to reverse heart disease.
- Crystal clear images of the heart to better identify soft plaque — the earliest indication of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Captures minute, potentially life threatening abnormalities on the inside of artery walls while there is time for preventative measures
- Quicker, more comfortable and less invasive than other diagnostic techniques
- Non-invasive, pain-free
Call 971.983.5212 for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every day, the participants and graduates of WellspringHeart are proving they can take control of their own health, ensure future vitality and reverse the effects of heart disease on themselves and their family. Graduates report equally impressive results in their daily lives, their relationships and their outlook.
- Less depression and hostility
- Longer life expectancy
- Improved exercise tolerance
- Fewer coronary events
- Less angina
- Long term compliance (over 5 years) and continued improvement of riskfactors
Reported Outcomes After 1 Year
- Average weight loss of 22 lbs
- Average LDL cholesterol levels below 100
- 50% decrease in stress
- 30% increase in exercise capacity
- Decreased use of medications for blood pressure and Diabetes
- Improved sleep
- Greater control of Diabetes
The tools and values learned in the WellspringHeart program last far beyond the intensive training phase. Participants seeing the change in their bodies and minds readily commit to a life of heart healthy behaviors.
Nine week format: $8,000
Includes the 72-hour program (4 hour sessions/twice each week), treadmill test pre and post program, plus follow-up telephone conference with your WellspringHeart Care Guide at 12 weeks, 6 months, and 1 year.
Insurance covers this with a qualifying event.
Financing services are available to assist in this investment in your health. Participants are required to make a $500 down payment and the remaining balance can be financed over 24 months. The interest rate is fixed at 6%.
WellspringHeart is accepting applications for partial coverage of program fees. If you live in the Willamette Valley and meet the financial criteria, you may be eligible.
As an increasing number of employees are moving into middle age, the realities and risks of heart disease are affecting a growing number of corporations. Heart disease increases healthcare and insurance costs and cuts into the productivity and overall efficiency of operations. Silverton Hospital Network offers the program to all employees and spouses who qualify. For a personalized wellness plan or corporate retreat for your company, please email email@example.com.
If you have financial questions please call 971.983.5212