Rehabilitation Services is a partnership between Silverton Health and PT Northwest, offering therapeutic outpatient rehabilitation services for Silverton, Woodburn and its surrounding communities.
Our patients receive quality service with personalized and compassionate care, from skilled, licensed physical therapy and rehabilitation professionals. Individual treatment plans are developed, utilizing current techniques and clinically proven methodologies to address each patient's specific condition and rehabilitation goals.
We also offer specialized programs focused on hand therapy, stroke rehabilitation and pelvic floor therapy.
Current career openings for PT Northwest can be found at http://ptnorthwest.com/careers
Our licensed physical therapy and rehabilitation professionals offer a full range of assessment and treatment services to meet the specific needs of your condition.
Physical therapists are trained healthcare professionals with expertise in helping individuals improve function after injuries and strains.
Physical therapy under the guidance of a qualified clinician can also help lessen or control pain caused by chronic disease such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
Physical therapy assessment and treatment are provided in the following areas:
- Post-operative orthopedic surgery
- Sports injuries
- Acute soft tissue injuries
- Acute or chronic back and neck pain
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Balance problems
- Arthritis and osteoporosis pain
- Work or auto-related injuries
- Poor posture and scoliosis
- Post-operative foot surgery rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor therapy (Salem location only)
Physical therapy treatment approaches may include:
- Exercise and active motion-based therapy
- Home exercises
- Comprehensive balance training
- Lifting and body mechanics instruction
- Passive motion, mobilization
- Treatment for pain relief, including ultrasound, muscle stimulation and iontophoresis
Occupational therapists use everyday activities to teach individuals how to achieve independence at home and in the workplace. Clients may be suffering from physical or mental impairment resulting from advancing age, disease, medication, accident or drug abuse.
Occupational therapy assessment and treatment are provided in several areas:
- Accomplishing daily living activities, including dressing, bathing and eating
- Work simplification (completing daily activities with less effort)
- Ergonomic analysis and recommendations
- Analysis of cognition, perception, low vision and fine motor tasks (improving safety at home and determining adaptive equipment needs)
- Instruction on how to manage and accommodate limited joint movement due to pain and contracture
- Splint fabrication and fitting
- Hand therapy
Speech & Language Therapy
Speech and language therapists specialize in helping patients overcome swallowing and communication disorders.
Speech and language assessment and treatment is available in three primary areas:
- Aphasia - Loss of language, which may occur with a neurological event (stroke, head trauma).
- Dysarthria - Unintelligible speech or abnormal voice due to muscle weakness or tone.
- Dysphagia - Impaired swallowing related to muscles and structures of the mouth and throat.